Sunday, February 4, 2007

Menu 2/5

Monday:
Breakfast - eggs
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - Skillet Casselot

Tuesday
Breakfast - bagels, fruit, and yogurt
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - Vegetable Curry

Wednesday
Breakfast - oatmeal
Lunch - leftovers
Dinner - Baked chicken with apples (a new recipe)

Thursday
Breakfast - pancakes
Lunch - picnic or eat out (Bo's day off this week and we are going for a junk ride)
Dinner - Salmon (that is called bless your husband as it one of his favorite things)

Friday
Breakfast - oatmeal
Lunch -- hmmm, guessing we won't have leftovers, probably split pea soup
Dinner - stuffed cabbage

I added breakfast to the menu this week so I don't have to think what we will have. We don't eat cereal mainly because I don't like it. Okay, I like it the sugary stuff that isn't good for you so instead we don't eat it.

5 comments:

Anon said...

Oohhh! Pretty ambitious for a first-timer. Sounds really good though!
I have only had a leftovers day since I started blogging. And I've saved so much money by planning ahead. Hubby is a chef and thinks I'm making progress in the kitchen! Cheek... lol

Annie said...

It's sweet that you make things your husband loves... mine loves banana pudding and chicken fried steak... I hate both and rarely make them. You've inspired me to be more "giving"
Have a great week :)

Unknown said...

Salmon is king. Your spouse is right on that. You have a terrific menu plan. Happy Library Lover's Month.

la bellina mammina said...

sometimes when I'm too tired after work, I just will prepare more for dinner so the kids can have them as leftovers for lunch and it makes me feel guilty - i feel better now as I'm not the only one!
Thanks!

Stuart and Beth said...

I usually try to make enough for dinner so that we have leftovers for the next day for lunch. My husband is great about eating leftovers and that helps.