Friday, February 16, 2007

Grocery Shopping

Where we used to live I was 5 minutes walk from 2 grocery stores and one outdoor market and a 10 minute walk from the baking/western grocery store. Now I am adjusting to a 20 minute walk to the store and 30 minutes walk back home. It is uphill and I am pushing a stroller with a 20 pound toddler and groceries hanging off it and falling out of the basket (don't tell my father it is over the basket limit.) Oh, that is usually only enough for 3 or 4 days so I do that twice a week. When you include the time in the store it is an hour and half.

This week I tried something new. I ordered my groceries online from the store where I usually shop. I got a cup of coffee and sat down at the computer and clicked away buying canned good, laundry detergent, drinks, fruit, veggies, and even milk. If I ordered by 2pm, I could have delivery the same day between 7-10pm.

It worked great. My groceries were delivered around 9:00. The sad thing was Miss K and I missed sharing the bag of chips on the way home. Oh well, without the walk I can't justify eating them.

They were out of stock on a few items -- Arnott's Mint Slice cookies, Organia, and BottleGreen Cranberry Presse. None of those were really necessary so it wasn't that important.

It was easy. I got everything delivered to my door, and I didn't have to spend the time walking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have online grocery shopping in my area too. I love it! It's so convenient.