Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Household Meme

I decided to join the fun that Sallie at A Gracious Home invited us to join. A meme about your household


Aprons – Y/N? If Y, what does your favorite look like?
Yes, right now my favorite is a denim one from San Francisco. I have a cute Raffles apron and a Laura Ashley one I found in an outlet.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Cookies - chocolate chip of course

Clothesline – Y/N?
I have a drying rack and also a hanging clip thing for all the socks.

Donuts – Have you ever made them?
As a kid, it was a snow day activity.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
Dishes

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
No, but you would surprised at what I can fit in my tiny freezer.

Garbage Disposal – Y/N?
No

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
I would probably say the internet.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
Hate it but love the results.

Junk drawer – Y/N? Where is it?
Not really - not enough drawers here to allow one to be a junk drawer

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
I have cabinets that are a light beige colour. I have a big bookcase that holds the cookbooks, food, plastic containers. I have an oven which is unusal to find in kitchens here so that is a conversation point. I don't have a decorating scheme.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
I love cooking, finding new recipes.

Mop – Y/N?
Yes - dry and wet. I use the dry one often a few times a day.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
I am almost tempted to say "What are nylons?" but I do have a few pairs. I usually throw them in the washer.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I open the door. The window doesn't do much.

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
Pepperoni and mushroom or just a delicious white broccoli pizza

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
My quiet time or catching up online

Recipe card box – Y/N? What does it look like?
I have a basket that the 3x5 cards fit in. I have two notebooks of recipes and documents on my computer.

Style of house – What style is your house?
Village housing -- middle floor of a 3 storey house. Ours is a year old so it is new. The typical 700 sq feet with 3 bedrooms.

Tablecloths and napkins – Y/N?
No, tablecloth as the table is also my desk, my sewing table, my craft table or whatever needs to be done. Yes, to cloth napkins. I fell in love with them when my option were single ply pink cocktail size napkins.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized in a messy way. How is that.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
I have a Shark and right now we are waiting for a new battery. I wash the floor about 3 times a week.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
6 to 7 - I try to do one a day

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I love being able to cross things off. I usually have a list on paper at sometimes it is just in my head.

Yard – Y/N? Who does what?
We don't have a yard.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Turn out the lights but I am trying to pick up a bit.

No comments: