Saturday, July 14, 2007

Ramdom Reflects from Here

Coming from one of the most densely populated cities in the world we are amazed how big everything is here -- the houses, stores, cups of soda, and yes, even the people.

I am enjoying being able to run the washer and dryer at the same time.

I am reminded how easy things are here. Need something just get in the car and go to the nearest store. I am also working to be careful that I don't get greedy and buy everything that I see and think that I might want or know I want. One of the things that I have been learning is just how much we stuff we have available to purchase here and how easy it is to do that. Personally, I am learning to live with less. It is a slow learning with a few purchases that were not necessary.

I think one other thing that I have noticed this year coming home is the fact that now it is acceptable and fashionable to wear your lingerie in public.

Miss K is having fun in the sand box, the big grassy yard, and even learning to ride a tricycle.

I get to see all the new gadgets that have come out. My mom had to show me how to use her new can opener.

Things here are not marked with how many trans fats they contain.

Those are just a few of the reflections that I have had this past few weeks as we are adjusting to being here for a few week.s

No comments: