Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shh - the quiet family

I have recently grown tired of all the plastic in our life and in toys. Months ago I saw Simply Stork had a quiet family that she made. I decided to make a family for Miss K.

My first attempt was not so good. I tried to dress him up a bit and add a tie but it just made him look like Dilbert.

I then decided to email Simply Stork and she was kind enough to send me direction. Those sat in my inbox until my UFO (Unfinished Objects) project. I did them. Okay, after I took the picture I realized that momma's eyes were in the back of her head which I guess means she really is a momma. I ended up giving her hair extensions in the back and putting new eyes on the front.Here they are all wrapped up and ready to go.



2 comments:

Simply Stork said...

oh I love them...what a great quiet family :o)

and yes, the dad does look a bit like dilbert :o) but cute just the same :o)

great job...and you did it your self...how wonderful :o)

~simply~

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Hey there! The quiet family is making it's way across blogland! Gabi's teacher read about them on another blog and made her a quiet family too. I blogged about hers here: http://www.gabis-world.com/2008/05/i-lost-to-beach.html