Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pray, pray

Miss K's pronunciation is not that clear - that is background information. The setting was her highchair and the leftover blueberries from breakfast while the noodles were cooking. I do usually pray with her before her meal so she is used to that. She was saying something which I could not understand but she kept repeating it then she grabbed my hand and held it just like we do at pray time. I got the message -- she wanted to pray for her blueberries.

Later, I served her the noodles and again we prayed for the noodles.

I keep telling myself that I am not always sure what is getting in her head because of her delay in verbal skills we know what all is in there but lunchtime was a reminder of what is going in and what she understands.

I am encouraged to keep putting information in her and know that someday it will come out.

No comments: